Mornings we are on the run to get into the field, these treats are something Jared can grab and eat while he laces up his boots for the day. Rolled in sugar and cinnamon they’re sure to leave a sweet taste in your mouth for more!
Pumpkin Donut Holes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, canola oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- When the muffins are done, cool for 2 minutes and dip each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/