CommonGround Volunteer Diane Karr shares her recipe for a Peppermint Sugar Scrub. This is a perfect idea for quick gifts for your friends and family.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
This is a perfect holiday gift you can make for friends, teachers, neighbors or just make one up for yourself.
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops red food coloring for 1/2 of the mixture
- Mix together sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint oil.
- Divide mixture in half. Place half of the mixture in a separate bowl and add 3 drops of red food coloring and mix.
- Layer white and pink mixtures in a jar of your choice. A pint canning jar works well.
- Make your own label with chalk cardstalk and a white fine tipped chalk market. Add bakers twine and tie off with a candy cane if desired.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/