Summertime is all about the grill. Enjoying a charbroiled meal while sitting on our deck is something I crave all year long.
Finding healthier foods to make on the grill can be fairly easy. One of my favorite things to eat off the grill are shish kebabs. The creativity and freedom to add whatever you want, in whatever order, means endless possibilities!
Feel free to get creative when picking out the veggies…we like to add zucchini and cherry tomatoes 🙂
Grilled Steak Kebabs
Delicious steak kabobs with bell pepper and red onion!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 (12-inch) metal skewers
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Add the cubed sirloin steak to marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Once the meat has marinated, thread it onto the skewers alternating with pieces of bell pepper and red onion.
- Grill kebabs over medium heat, turning often, until all sides of the meat is well brown and vegetables are tender. (About 12 to 15 minutes)
- Serve and enjoy!
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/