CommonGround volunteer Rene Blauhorn shares a recipe for special summer treat, Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 Glazed or Cake Donuts
- 1 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- Slice the donuts in half horizontally.
- Add a large scoop of the ice cream to the bottom half of each donut and use an offset spatula to spread the ice cream to the edges.
- Press on the top halves of the donuts and roll the sides in the sprinkles.
- Place the sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until the ice cream is firm, at least 4 hours.
- At this point, enjoy the sandwiches or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to eat.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/