Elaine Farley-Zoucha shares her recipe for Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin.
Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin
- 4-5 lbs. pork loin
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- oil for searing
- 2 cans of whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 orange (for juice and zest)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pork loin with salt and pepper and rub the loin with the thyme.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of oil in saute pan and sear off the loin.
- Place the loin in a roasting pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, mustard and the zest and juice of one orange. Pour cranberry mixture over the pork loin.
- Place uncovered in the oven for 8-11 minutes per pound depending on desired internal temperature.
- I cook mine for about 9-10 minutes per pound to have a medium internal temp.
Commonground Nebraska http://commongroundnebraska.com/wordpress/